WATERMELON SUMMER SALAD
What you will need:
- Watermelon - roughly 3-4 cups (half a large melon works, use seedless if possible)
- Feta Cheese - about 1/4 cup (certainly open to more or less based on taste)
-Pistachios - 1/2 cup of rough chopped nuts
- Basil, Fresh - 1/4 Cup of rough chopped Basil
- Olive Oil - roughly about 1/4 - to 1/2 Cup
- Balsamic Glaze - For drizzling once served
- Red onions finely chopped (1/4 Cup)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Chop the Watermelon into Squared Chunks and place in large mixing bowl.
2. Rough Chop (use food processor, or if you're me, the coffee grinder) the pistachios and add to the bowl.
NOTE: if you're making this ahead of time, hold on adding the other ingredients until closer to serving time.
3. Add The feta, Olive oil, and onions (if you wanted) and gently turn into the mixure.
4. Top with fresh basil, and sprinkle a little black pepper (just a hint).
5. Once you serve on a plate, drizzle balsamic glaze over the top.
Instead of olive oil, you can use lime juice, and instead of basil you can use fresh mint for an equally delicious salad with a complete different flavor.
My favorite food processor:
Dads Can Cook Too - Eric Christensen
This is my place to dump all my goodies I've learned in the kitchen, what recipes I love, and how I've used them. If you're looking for something specific (I.E, fruit salad) use the search feature to search tags to find what you're craving!