WATERMELON SUMMER SALAD
What you will need:
- Watermelon - roughly 3-4 cups (half a large melon works, use seedless if possible)
- Feta Cheese - about 1/4 cup (certainly open to more or less based on taste)
-Pistachios - 1/2 cup of rough chopped nuts
- Basil, Fresh - 1/4 Cup of rough chopped Basil
- Olive Oil - roughly about 1/4 - to 1/2 Cup
- Balsamic Glaze - For drizzling once served
- Red onions finely chopped (1/4 Cup)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Chop the Watermelon into Squared Chunks and place in large mixing bowl.
2. Rough Chop (use food processor, or if you're me, the coffee grinder) the pistachios and add to the bowl.
NOTE: if you're making this ahead of time, hold on adding the other ingredients until closer to serving time.
3. Add The feta, Olive oil, and onions (if you wanted) and gently turn into the mixure.
4. Top with fresh basil, and sprinkle a little black pepper (just a hint).
5. Once you serve on a plate, drizzle balsamic glaze over the top.
Instead of olive oil, you can use lime juice, and instead of basil you can use fresh mint for an equally delicious salad with a complete different flavor.
My favorite food processor:
The Kitchen..... What is it?
It is my place to share great cooking tips and tricks, ideas, and recipes that won mine, or someon in my family's heart and stomach!
I've long loved cooking. I cook as often as I can and find myself branching out, and exploring more often than not. I love watching cooking shows almost as much as I love watching golf - something about the sould of food speaks to me. I truly believe one of my love languages is feeding and serving others good food. I love learning new cusine, new techniques, and new recipes.
No. I am not a baker. You won't find any wonderful baking recipes here. I'm a cooker - and tht allows for flexibility, freedom, and ad lib moments. Baking is such an exact science my brain can't fit their requirements.
So dive into my cooking world- I hope that I have tagged and labeled appropriately so if you're looking for a vegetable dinner option, you can find it. If you're looking for a summer cold salad option, you can find it. Search tags, as this grows, will be important to find what you are looking for!
So, forks up! And dive in!
Dads Can Cook Too - Eric Christensen
This is my place to dump all my goodies I've learned in the kitchen, what recipes I love, and how I've used them. If you're looking for something specific (I.E, fruit salad) use the search feature to search tags to find what you're craving!