Well. We made it. It is the New Year. A symbolic fresh start. A place where all the bad from the last year goes away and all the good carries forward like a tsunami to crush the new year. This past year has been SO amazing. We added 3 staff members to the business (and had the most productive year in our existence), we added a new family member (Jude!) and we grew into ourselves a little more. (well, some of us did, I can't speak for myself...) For me, this year disappeared before I knew it was here. This holiday always makes me feel nostalgic for the good ol' days while at the same time, giddy for the opportunities a fresh year can bring! So, without further ado, here are my resolutions for the New Year.
If you want to be an accountability buddy to me (and trust me, I need one), click the button below and you can join my accountability program to help us be better people!
Anyhow, as we get onward- here are my Resolutions/Goals for 2018, in no particular order:
1. Be more Present: This is something I struggle with significantly. It would seem I have a few things going on in my life and can get pulled in different directions easily. My micro attention span doesn't help things. So I am striving to be more present in the moment- with kids, the wife, patients - just not be so damn distracted all the time.
2. Be the best family man I can be: This ties into #1, but goes without saying that I constantly want to improve on who I am to my family. Some of this comes from improving myself (which you'll see in the numbers below) but a lot of it comes from consistency and practice. I thought 2017 was a great year and I can't wait to see how I top it in 2018.
3. Establish a Better Morning Routine: For me, I am just wrapping up The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. Nothing helps me out more than getting my thoughts together in the morning. This book is a great tool to help fine-tune my morning routine and something I will be using until something better comes along. If you haven't read it - check it out below. If you want to become my accountability buddy, click the link above!
4. Exercise on a Regular Basis: This is an all too common goal, but it is true. Since the birth of Jude, I have been inconsistent at best. My goal is to tackle at least 2 days a week. Nothing major, but something is better than nothing. If I can get more, so be it, but 2 deliberate, set aside times to help my body move better and be healthier. Prior to Jude (B.J. time period) I was catching 3-5 days a week at Funktional Fitness. If you're looking for a great community to grow yourself in- this is an amazing place to be at. It's where I plan on continuing to go for the new year as well!
5. Read (or Listen to) 10 Books This Year: I am an avid reader and want to get back to doing more of what I love. The list I have set out is below but I'm sure new ones will be added every single day too.
Now, I don't have a lot of time to always just sit and read, but I do have some time to listen. So this past year I did a lot of audio book listening through Audible. They are always running free trials and if you find yourself getting caught up with no time to sit and read, then I suggest you try it! Check them out below (total affiliate link):
6. Shave 5 days a week: Odd, I know. But I like shaving, and I want to make more time for it. Keep the face baby smooth so the kids don't yell that I'm stabbing them when we snuggle (or worse, the wife!). I'm absolutely obsessed with Harry's Shaving gear, and, with them now at Target, why would I pass an opportunity to go to Target?
7. Listen to Podcasts Daily: This goes along with reading my books. My knowledge and understanding on topics has exploded due to podcast listening. I love that I can be doing other things and still get my learn on. Some of my Favorites: Tim Ferris, Pat Flynn, and Chandler Bolt.
8. Never forget how far I've come: This is a work in progress for me. I am very critical of myself, my progress, and where I am going. But I know that I need to appreciate where I am at, the journey I'm on, and where I've come from. Because, when you look at it, I've come a long way. I just can't let my hunger get the better of my when I focus to much on why I'm not 'there yet'.
So there you have it- my 8 resolutions/goals for the coming year. I would love to hear about yours too - what big things do you have geared up for 2018? If you want to help my journey and be my accountability buddy/partner/pal/amigo/plus one - click below and sign up. It's a great way to stay in touch and an even better way to keep both of us on track for the New Year!